PASTOR OF LAY MINISTRIES
The pastor of lay ministries is called as a servant leader of the church and is commissioned to proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour and serves the church as the director of the personal ministries training program.
The pastor of lay ministries generally serves in a role comparable to that of the associate pastor with a special ministry of equipping church members for their outreach and soul-winning ministries through the giving of Bible studies.
With reference to the church (in harmony with the direction of the senior pastor):
1. Work closely with the lay ministries leader of the church in coordinating the church's outreach and church growth programs
2. Train members in their caring and sharing ministries by:
A. Teaching members how to witness
B. Demonstrating to members how to find, develop, and nurture an interest (Signs, Listen, It Is Written, Voice of Prophecy, interest cards, etc.)
C. Providing classes in how to give Bible studies
D. Providing laboratory experience whereby church members can learn by observing and then giving Bible studies themselves
3. Keep interest file up to date
4. Work closely with evangelist during meetings
With reference to the senior pastor:
1. Plan a balanced and workable program with the senior pastor
2. Attend all staff meetings
3. Report progress and plans at staff meetings including number of members being trained, number of Bible studies being given, classes being conducted and the listing and evaluation of all current interests
4. Attend church board meetings and other functions of the church as arranged with the senior pastor
The pastor of !ay ministries is responsible to the senior pastor, the conference officers and ultimately to the Conference Executive Committee.