The church clerk is to keep records of the business of the church, including up-to-date membership records of the church.
1. Attend church board and business meetings to record minutes
2. Prepare agenda for church board meetings with the assistance of the pastor and board chairman
3. Distribute minutes of previous board meeting along with the agenda to the board members before the next meeting
4. Maintain board and business meeting records
5. Attend conference-wide clerks' meetings
6. Keep membership records
7. Provide reports to conference secretary at required times
8. Facilitate membership transfers--those joining and those leaving
9. Arrange for communication by letter or other means with all out-of-area members on a regular basis but not less than once a year
The church clerk is responsible to and is a member of the church board.