The communications secretary is responsible for promoting the gospel in the community by communicating certain church activities which may help to motivate and inspire others to accept Christ and become a member of His body.
1. Develop a working relationship with appropriate media editors and provide church news for the local paper, radio and TV stations
2. Make arrangements for adequate church listings in the telephone book, yellow pages and newspaper advertisements
3. Be always alert to newsworthy events in the church or school and arrange for pictures and articles for the media
4. Make and/or put up posters as needed to announce various church programs
5. Report church activities on a monthly basis to the Upper Columbia Conference on the report envelope provided by the communications department
6. Announce to the membership pertinent information concerning key community or civic events, especially in areas where the church should be represented
The communications secretary is a member of the personal ministries council and is responsible to the church board. Church leaders are to report activities involving their departments to the communications secretary.