The nominating committee is responsible for the annual nomination of church officers as designated in the church manual.
1. A betrayal of confidential discussions on this committee is ample reason for excluding the offending member from the nominating committee
2. Select a chairman and secretary
3. Invite the pastor, if not already a member of the nominating committee, to attend the meeting
4. See that a quorum is present to conduct the business of the nominating committee
5. Select individuals to fill the church offices and secure their consent to serve
6. Tell the individuals selected what their responsibilities and duties will be for the office to which they have been selected (use job description)
7. Inform the church membership that any member may make recommendations in writing or may appear before the committee to make recommendations
8. Present a report to the church for approval
A. The report must be presented to the church at least one week before it is voted on. (The report may be published and included in the bulletin two consecutive Sabbaths)
B. This will allow time for any member to present any objections to either the chairman or secretary of the nominating committee
C. The church will then vote to approve or disapprove the report at the second reading
SELECTION OF COMMITTEE
The nominating committee is selected according to one of the methods approved by the church manual.
The nominating committee is responsible to the church body.