The finance committee is composed of the treasurer, first elder, head deacon, general Sabbath School superintendent, stewardship secretary, plus two members-at-large chosen by the church board.
The finance committee is responsible for submitting the annual church budget proposal.
1. Prepare the annual church budget
2. Present the proposed budget to the church board by the end of each fiscal year, including:
A. Previous year's expenses by month
B. History of expenses of previous year by item, including beginning balance, income, expense and ending balance
C. Comparative budget--previous year vs. proposed year
3. Set priorities for policies of distributions of monies
4. Maximize income from funds
5. Review the financial investments of the church
The finance committee is responsible to the church board.