LOSS CONTROL COMMITTEE
The loss control committee is responsible for supervising and educating the church in reducing physical losses of all kinds whether by accidents that result in personal injury or losses that affect the physical and financial assets of the church.
A Chairman: Loss control officer selected by the nominating committee
B. An elder
C. A deacon
D. A Sabbath School teacher
E. A youth leader
F. Others as desired
2. This committee is to review all church activities from a loss perspective
3. Review periodically all church accidents to make recommendations to the church board
4. Conduct periodic safety surveys of the church programs and facilities
5. Promote church safety through educational procedures such as the church newsletter, bulletin boards, announcements, etc.
6. Recommend safety procedures in all transportation procedures, both vehicles and methods 7 Conduct property survey for loss control each year
A. Fire extinguishers
B. General fire safety
C Walking and working surfaces
D First aid and emergency procedures
E. Building security
F Storage of flammables
G. Mechanical systems
8. Any plans for capital improvements be reviewed from a loss risk perspective
9. Consider loss risks for handling church money with appropriate recommendations to the church board
The loss control committee is organized by the loss control officer in counsel with the church board and is responsible to the church board.